The GARMIN GMR Fantom 18 40 W solid-state dome radar with MotionScope technology uses the Doppler effect to detect and highlight targets in different colours as they move towards or away from the vessel, helping to avoid potential collisions. It features low power consumption, instant power on and no warm up delay. Excellent close- and long-range detection from 20 feet to 48 nautical miles.
The new GMR Fantom 18 dome radar from Garmin features MotionScope which detects and highlights moving targets, birds and weather. The GMR Fantom 18 radar includes mounting hardware kit and template, power cable (15 m) and network cable (15 m). GMR Fantom 18 diameter 508 mm, 249 mm height.
- MOTIONSCOPE TECHNOLOGY Uses the Doppler effect to detect and highlight targets in different colours as they move towards or away from you, helping you avoid potential collisions
- PULSE COMPRESSION TECHNOLOGY Provides high resolution while maximizing energy on targets to help increase probability of detection
- INSTANT POWER ON No waiting for the radar to warm up to see targets
- 24 OR 48 RPM ROTATION SPEED2 4 RPM can be used for less power consumption; ideal for sailboats 48 RPM allows for faster screen update rate. Only available for some range settings; not available in dual range or MotionScope mode
- EXCELLENT RANGE PERFORMANCE Close- and long-range detection from 20 ft. to 48 nautical miles
- ECHO TRAILS Leaves a fading trail on the screen to help identify moving targets and collision threats; trails are corrected for your boat’s rotation when an autopilot or heading sensor is connected to your Garmin Marine Network
- TARGET SIZE Increases target sizes to help differentiate real targets from noise
- DUAL RANGE Gives you the ability to see both close- and long-range at the same time
- RADAR OVERLAY Overlays the radar image on the chartplotter’s map page
- MARPA Mini-automatic radar plotting aid (MARPA) helps identify and track targets that might pose a collision threat (optional heading sensor required)
- DUAL RADAR SUPPORT Provides redundancy and ability for each display unit on boat to select data from 1 of 2 different radar sources; use with any GMR xHD2 open array radar, GMR Fantom open array radar, GMR Fantom dome radar or GMR xHD dome radar
- DYNAMIC AUTO GAIN AND SEA FILTER Settings automatically adjust to your surroundings for optimal performance in all conditions
- AUTO BIRD GAIN Helps locate flocks of birds feeding at the water’s surface and helps signal the location of big game fish
- COMPATIBILITY Compatible with the GPSMAP 752, 952, 1022, 1222, 7400, 8000, 8500 and 8400 series chartplotters